客服热线:4000-51-51-51
Hi,Joe
《伊索寓言》:农夫和他的儿子们(下)
Coco 2016-04-28 14:53:47 发表于  [  青少/家长  ]
  716     0   

《伊索寓言》:农夫和他的儿子们(下)

 

 

Farmer: My dear sons, David, James, and Peter, I love you all. But I cannot live for long. So when I die, take care of my grape fields for me. That’s my last wish.

农夫:我亲爱的儿子们,戴维、詹姆斯、彼得,我爱你们。但是我已经活不了多久了。如果我死了,请为我照顾葡萄园。这是我最后的愿望。

 

David: But Father, I am not interested in grapes.

戴维:但是爸爸,我对葡萄不敢兴趣。

 

James: I don’t want to work under the sun all day, Father.

詹姆斯:我可不愿整天在太阳底下工作,爸爸。

 

Peter: I want to live in the city. I don’t even like grapes, Father.

彼得:我想住在城里。我甚至不喜欢葡萄,爸爸。

 

The three sons keep complaining, until Mr. Thompson tells them his secret

三个儿子不住地抱怨,直到汤普森先生说出他的秘密。

 

Farmer: But the three of you must keep the field. I buried some treasure there. Find it, dig it out, and share it together.

农夫:但是你们三个必须留在园子里。我在那里埋下了一些财宝。只要你们找到并挖出财宝,你们就可以拿去分了。

 

Sons: What did you say?

儿子们:你说什么?

 

The three sons cannot believe their ears.

三个儿子几乎不敢相信他们的耳朵。

 

David: Did you say treasure? When did you bury is, Father?

戴维:你是说有财宝?你什么时候埋的,爸爸?

 

James: Are there lots of gold and silver pieces inside?

詹姆斯:里面有很多金子、银子吗?

 

Peter: Those things are not important.

彼得:这些都不重要。 Sons: Then what is it? 儿子们:那什么才是重要的呢?

 

Peter: Where is it?

彼得:重要的是财宝埋在哪儿?

 

David: Peter is right. Where is the treasure buried, Father?

戴维:彼得说的对。你把财宝埋在哪儿了,爸爸?

 

Farmer: I’m sorry, my sons. It was so long ago. I do not remember. Just keep digging and you shall find it.

农夫:对不起,我的儿子们。那是很久以前的事情。我记不得了。不过只要你们不断地挖,你们一定会找到的。

 

Mr. Thompson dies a few days later. David, James, and Peter start digging for treasure the very next day.

几天以后,汤普森先生去世了。从第二天开始,戴维、詹姆斯和彼得就开始挖财宝。

 

Wife: Look, dear! Aren’t they Mr. Thompson’s boys?

妻子:你看,亲爱的!那不是汤普森先生的儿子们吗?

 

Neighbor: I think so, dear. But they have changed. They are working so hard today.

邻居:我想是的,亲爱的。不过,他们变了。今天他们干得非常卖力。

 

 

 

Wife: I know. I can’t believe my eyes. Mr. Thompson would be really happy.

妻子:我看出来了,我真不敢相信自己的眼睛。汤普森先生一定会很开心的。

 

The three brothers dig and dig, but they cannot find any treasure.

三个兄弟挖呀挖,但是他们找不到任何财宝。

 

David: Where’s the treasure?

戴维:财宝在哪里?

 

James: Perhaps, there isn’t any treasure.

詹姆斯:也许这儿根本就没有财宝。

 

Peter: That can’t be. Father must have buried it very deep. Let’s dig deeper.

彼得:不可能,一定是爸爸把它埋的很深。我们再挖深点看看。

 

David: Peter may be right.

戴维:也许彼得说得对。

 

The three sons keep digging and working in the field for months. It is now fall.

三个儿子不断地在田里翻土,挖掘,忙活了好几个月。转眼之间到了秋天。

 

David: There is no treasure here.

戴维:根本没有什么财宝。

 

James: We dug up the whole field for nothing.

詹姆斯:我们挖遍了整个园子却一无所获。

 

Peter: But look, David and James! Our field is filled with ripe grapes.

彼得:但是,瞧啊,戴维,詹姆斯!我们的园子里长满了成熟的葡萄啊!

 

David: You are right!

戴维:对啊!

 

James: Let’s sell the grapes.

詹姆斯:我们把葡萄卖了吧。

 

The three brothers take the grapes to the market. Their grapes are the largest and sweetest among all the others. They become rich by selling the grapes.

三兄弟把葡萄运到市场上。在所有的葡萄里,他们的葡萄是最大、最甜的。因为卖了葡萄,他们变得很富有。

 

Peter: Now I know. Treasure is everywhere.

彼得:现在我知道了,财宝到处都可以找到。

 

David: Yes. If we work hard, we can always get it.

戴维:是呀,如果我们努力工作,我们总是能够收获财富的。

 

James: So that’s what Father was trying to tell us.

詹姆斯:所以,这就是爸爸想让我们明白的道理。

 

MORALWork hard and good fortune will always follow.

寓意:好运总是跟随者辛勤工作而来的。



Coco 2021-06-15 00:19:18 重新编辑

评 论( 0

默认头像

我的评论

取消 发表

关于我们 企业培训 O2O代理招募 AC客户端 备案承诺公示 外教资质