1. The studies show that the driver who has consumed an amount of alcohol within the limit is likely to have an automobile accident than the driver who does not take any alcohol.
A. not so B. not much C. no less D. no more
2. If someone is dying of cancer and begging to be put out of his or her misery, and someone gives that person a deadly dose of morphine, that seems merciful criminal.
A. nevertheless B. otherwise
C. or else D. rather than
3. When we arrived, he found the aged and the sick at home.
A. none but B. none other than
C. nothing but D. no other than
4. I hope all the precautions against air pollution, are suggested by the local government, will be seriously considered here.
A. as B. while C. after D. since
5. Most of is on American television are programs designed to appeal to people who go into the supermarkets and buy the products that are advertised on TV.
A. which B. that C. whatever D. what
1. Dno more…than…“不比……更……”。此句意为：“研究表明，喝了酒但不过量的司机可能出车祸，不喝酒的司机也同样可能出车祸。”
2. Drather than起并列作用，使merciful与criminal形成平行结构，表示对比。
3. Anone but相当于no one but“只有”，通常接表示人的词;nothing but接表示物的词;none other than和no other than两者的意思都是“(不是别的)……正是……”，与本题全句意思不符。