— Where is he? — He is at the cinema. (问话者想知道的是位置)
— Is he in the cinema? — Yes, he is. (问话者可能已经在影院门外)
They arrived at the village at seven.
They arrived in Beijing at seven.
The train from Beijing to Guangzhou will arrive at Wuhan at twelve o’clock.
3. in, to和on在方位名词前的区别
Mongolia (蒙古) is (lies) on the north of China.
He will be back in five hours.
He will be back after five o’clock.
They came back after five days.
5. 表示时间的at, in和on
He often gets up at daybreak (dawn).
They will begin their journey at New Year.
He was born in 1988.
He died on the morning of August 15th, 1985.
但若morning, afternoon, evening等词前面有early或late等修饰语则仍然用in。如：
He died in the early morning of August 15th, 1985.
He has been here since last Friday.
He has been here for five days.
当表示“多少次” 时不能用for; 表示“第几次”位于句首时须加for，而位于句尾时for可以省略也可保留。
He has been to Beijing three times. (不可用for three times)
For the first time, I have come here.
I have come here (for) the first time.
The teacher sat between Tom, Jack, Kate, Jane and Mary.
You’d better eat nothing between meals.
The teacher sat among the students.
8. except, besides, but, except for, but for, except that/ when
Nobody felt anxious except him. （只有他才焦虑不安）
2) except 和 besides
There are six of us besides Tom. （除汤姆外，另外我们还有6个人。）
3) except和 but
No one but a fool would believe it.
Who but he would do such a thing
4) except for 和 except that／when
二者意为“只是”或“除…外”，表示理由或细节，修正前面所说的情况。except for后面接单词，except that／when后面接句子。整个句子所表达的意思重点在主句中，而except所构成的介词短语只是次要的。
例如：Your composition is good except for a few spelling mistakes.（= Your composition is good except that there are a few spelling mistakes.）比较：All the compositions are good except Li Hua’s.(大家的作文都好，只有李华的除外。)
5) except for和but for
except for用于陈述语气，but for用于虚拟语气“要不是…”。例如：Except for its temples，the place is not worth seeing.
But for your help, I couldn’t have finished the work on time.
6) except but十动词不定式（可带to或不带to，当but或except之前没有动词“do”的某种形式时，其后的不定式要带to。）
例如：They did nothing except／but watch TV.
I could not do anything except／bur just wait for him to come round.
1. Do you still remember the film we saw ________the end of last week?
A. in B. by C. at D. to
2. That he had a lot of practice ________volleyball was the reason why he defeated all the other players.
A. in B. at C. on D. about
3. ________the sound of the knocking on the door, he rose and went to open it.
A. At B. On C. To D. Heard
4. You can find the store ________No. 19 Beijing Road.
A. on B. at C. near to D. in
5. Please wait for me ________the corner of that street ________three o’clock.
A. in; at B. at; on C. in; for D. at; at
6. I bought these books ________one yuan a copy.
A. at B. by C. on D. in
7. I can’t buy it ________such a price.
A. of B. for C. at D. with
8. The student is sitting ________his desk.
A. over B. around C. at D. for
9. when the spaceship leaves the earth ________very high speed, the astronauts feel as if they are being crushed ________the spaceship.
A. with; in B. at; on C. with; to D. at; against
10. The child hid himself ________the door.
A. after B. behind C. in the front of D. ago
11. She left the party ________her headache.
A. because B. since C. in spite of D. because of
12. You shouldn’t eat so much chocolate ________meals.
A. except B. between C. unless D. through
13. some animals sleep ________day and wake up ________night.
A. by; by B. at; by C. by; on D. on; in
14. —What time is it, please?
—It is seven ________my watch.
A. in B. at C. for D. by
15. You’ll be able to speak English ________practicing from time to time.
A. in B. by C. with D. for
16. ________the end of last year we had leaned five English songs.
A. At B. By C. In D. On
17. A man should not be judged always ________what he says.
A. by B. in C. with D. to
18. The guests will be here ________two o’clock.
A. in B. on C. for D. by
19. some people got up and left the hall ________the show.
A. while B. during C. between D. through
20. How much must I pay you ________the tickets ________tonight.
A. of; of B. for; for C. for; about D. for; to
21. I am grateful ________your help ________me.
A. to; for B. for; to C. to; to D. for; for
22. Joan is always praised ________her cleverness.
A. of B. in C. for D. by
23. It’s quite warm today ________January.
A. for B. in C. at D. on
24. I bought this book ________fifty cents.
A. at B. about C. at D. for
25. Chinese is a language ________more native speakers than any of the other languages.
A. with B. spoken C. which D. has
26. Please write ________pencil, not ________ink.
A. in; with B. in a; with C. with a ; in D. with; in
27. ________the development of science and technology, our country has become richer and stronger.
A. In B. By C. At D. With
28. ________the rise in prices, life is getting harder.
A. With B. On C. As D. For
29. He has no good pen ________.
A. to write B. to write with C. to write on D. writing
30. Mary was disappointed when she found but they had gone to the ball ________her.
A. except B. except for C. for D. without
31. Xiao Li masters several other foreign languages ________English. He studies German, Japanese and Russian.
A. beside B. besides C. but D. except
32. The soldier stood quite still, ________his lips moved slightly.
A. except that B. except for C. except D. besides
33. Your composition is good ________a few spelling mistakes.
A. besides B. except C. except for D. except that
34. Peter’s car is excellent ________the color.
A. except B. besides C. except for D. only except
35. Everybody went to the exhibition ________Mary.
A. not B. but C. for D. by
36. We live a long way ________the factory.
A. to B. for C. from D. in
37. The town lies ________the west of the river.
A. at B. in C. from D. to
38. Let’s walk over ________the sun on the other side of the street.
A. in B. to C. under D. by
39. There are a lot of news ________today’s newspaper.
A. in B. on C. at D. with
40. Say something about your school ________English.
A. in B. with C. by D. for
41. The girl ________will give us a report.
A. on blue B. of blue C. in blue D. at blue
42. Please ask him if he will join us ________playing table tennis.
A. on B. at C. in D. with
43. This vegetable is very rich ________iron.
A. of B. in C. with D. for
44. He has been caught ________the rain and is wet through and through.
A. by B. in C. at D. up with
45. Look, there is a hole ________the wall.
A. on B. at C. in D. of
46. What is the difference________ pronunciation ________these two words?
A. of; in B. in; between C. in; among D. of; between
47. The doctor will be back ________ten minutes.
A. after B. in C. on D. at
48. The desk stands ________the corner of the room near the window.
A. on B. at C. under D. in
49. Do you like dressing yourself ________new clothes?
A. on B. in C. with D. by
50. Please come to see me ________two day’s time.
A. during B. after C. for D. in
KEY: 1—10. CBABD ACCDB 11—20. DBADB BADBB 21—30. BCADA CDABD 31—40. BACCB CDBAA 41—50. CCBBC BBDBD
初中英语语法梳理 | 介词(上）