The boy takes the test. The girls take the test.
找准主语和动词，把对应的主语和动词划出来对应看单复数：Claudia and Kevin, who want to join the speech and debate club together, first decide to start dating after Claudia’s sister’s boyfriend brings Kevin over to play Guitar Hero.
George, encouraged by his friends, are finally going to get that tattoo:
A. no change
B. friends, is
C. friends are
D. friends: are
l Each/every/anyone/anybody/someone/no one/either/neither这些都是单数要用单数的动词例如does或者is. 代词也搭配单数例如his/its: Everyone took his water guns(不是their water guns)… If anybody wants to go, she should give her number to Abby (不是they should give their number)
l None of/fraction of/percent of/part of 这些都要看后面的词是单数还是复数，相应搭配单数或者复数的动词 70 percent of the student body works during summer.
l Where Jeremy and Justin went to the rodio in Kansas, they met the rodeo clowns and they showed them how to rope.
a. No change; b. they; c. , they; d. Jeremy
l 前后时态一致：He tried, ran the race, and won. I tried, but didn’t expect… As soon as the class bell rang, students rushed the door
1. Miss Sharp sang, danced, and cooed as she entered the room for our first-period class
2. Miss Sharp sang, danced, and was cooing as she entered the room for our first-period class
1. Gerome likes to hike, to bike, and to run.
2. Gerome likes to hike, to bike, and running
1. Her students were asked to write their essays accurately, thoughtfully, and thoroughly
2. Her students were asked to write their essays accurately, thoughtfully, and in a detailed manner
4c Reflexive pronouns - myself/herself/themselves/ourselves
不要把这些词当主语用：Tammy and I spent… （不是Tammy and myself）
1. The tennis player in a short skirt asked the swinner to help change her tire.
2. The tennis player asked the swimmer to help change her tire in a short skirt.
1. With grins on their faces, the group of freshmen boys admired the cluster of senior girls.
2. The group of freshmen boys admired the cluster of senior girls with grins on their faces.
5 Choice of Words用词
accept 和 except;
effect 和 affect;
farther 和further; 前者是物理距离后者是程度
Who和whom; 前者主语后者宾语 …the girl who is your favorite/…the girl whom you admire
l Tim is happier than he is 不要用than him
l My brother is as unhappy as I (am). 不要用than me
l The waterfall that empties into the lake starts above the tree line.
l The waterfall, which empties into the lake, starts above the tree line
Idle/idol – American idol
Supposed to/used to要加d