551. I couldn’t keep the appointment because I was sick.
552. I’m a new employee.I was hired yesterday.
553. Please call before you come,otherwise we might not be home.
554. Let’s make a date to go shopping next Thursday.
555. Will you please lock the door when you leave?
556. I went to see my doctor for a check-up yesterday.
557. The doctor discovered that I’m a little overweight.
558. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure.
559. He told me to take these pills every four hours.
560. Do you think the patient can be cured?
561. They operated on him last night.
562. He needed a blood transfusion.
563. My uncle had a heart attack last year.
564. They had to call in a heart specialist.
565. What did the doctor say?
566. The doctor advised me to get plenty of exercise.
567. The doctor said I look pale.
568. If I want to be healthy,I have to stop smoking cigarettes.
569. The physician said smoking is harmful to my health.
570. It’s just a mosquito bite.There’s nothing to worry about.
571. You’re wanted on the telephone.
572. What number should I dial to get the operator?
573. I want to make a long distance call.
574. Pick up the receiver and deposit a coin in the slot.
575. I tried to call Mr. Cooper,but the line was busy.
576. You must have dialed the wrong number.
577. I dialed the right number,but nobody answered.
578. The telephone is ringing,would you answer it,please?
579. Would you like to leave a message?
580. Who is this?I don’t recognize your voice.
581. Would you please tell Mr. Cooper I called?
582. Is this Empire 5-4093?
583. I have to hang up now.
584. Put the receiver closer to your mouth.I can’t hear you.
585. Would you mind calling back sometime tomorrow?
586. How long has it been since you’ve heard from your uncle?
587. When was the last time he wrote you ?
588. I can’t recall how long it’s been.
589. I’m always disappointed when I don’t get any mail.
590. I feel guilty because I haven’t written her lately.
591. What time is the mail delivered on Saturday?
592. The postman always comes at 2 oclock.
593. I wrote to my uncle last night.I couldnt put it off any longer.
594. I enclosed some photographs in my letter.
595. I didn’t know whether to send the letter airmail or not.
596. How long does it take for a letter to get to California ?
597. Don’t forget to put stamps on the letter before you mail it.
598. He went to the post office to mail a letter.
599. I dropped the letter in the mailbox on the corner.
600. How did you sign the letter? Did you write,“sincerely yours”?